From all of us at A-to-Zen Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetics, we hope you are able to stay healthy and safe during this uncertain time. Because many of us have probably not experienced a pandemic like this before, it’s normal to feel confused or anxious. In the hopes of helping you feel better, we compiled the answers to some of your most frequently asked questions about the coronavirus, along with expert tips for staying well both mentally and physically right now.
How does COVID-19 spread?
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) explains that the virus is thought to spread from person-to-person between people who are less than 6 feet apart, and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. You can also contract the virus by touching an infected surface and then using that same hand to touch your nose, mouth or eyes. This is why it is extremely important for you to wash your hands and avoid touching your face.
How can I prevent the spread of coronavirus?
The CDC recommends:
● Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
● Using a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. But don’t panic if you can’t find hand sanitizer because it’s sold out everywhere you go. Lathering up with soap and water is still the most effective way to reduce your risk for infection.
● Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
● Putting distance between yourself and other people. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
● Staying home if you’re sick.
● Covering coughs and sneezes.
● Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily, such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, computer mouses and keyboards, your phone, toilets, faucets, the microwave buttons and refrigerator door handles.
How can I reduce stress?
If you’re practicing social distancing and/or working remotely as many of us are, it’s normal to start feeling isolated, which only exacerbates existing stress and anxiety. To combat these negative emotions and maintain mind-body balance and wellness, it’s important for you to make self-care a top priority. You can do this by:
• Staying connected with friends and family.
• Limiting your exposure to the news, while continuing to stay informed through the CDC.
• Staying active. Get outside, do yoga in your living room, try stretching every afternoon. Any way you can get your blood moving is a win!
• Doing something that gives you joy every day.
• Keeping a routine.
Research indicates that all of the above measures help to reduce stress and enhance your sense of wellbeing so you can meet this challenging time with composure and grace!
Here at A-to-Zen Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetics, we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy. Please be aware that we are following all wellness protocols, including disinfecting all surfaces and treatment rooms between visits and screening patients before their appointments. If you have an upcoming appointment and you are not feeling well, please call us at 425-615-6307 and we’ll be happy to help you reschedule free of charge. Also feel welcome to give us a call if you have any questions or concerns!